网站首页 | 关于我们 | 英语论坛 | 广告合作 | 设为首页 | 收藏本站 热点资讯:拔火罐和蚊帐里约奥运村走红 河南义马矿难致4人死亡50人被困
热搜: 英语  端午节  影视  非洲
当前位置: 首页 > 英语阅读 > 英语美文 >

晨读英语美文100篇:能容忍别人的错误,是种能力

2018-11-24 08:28[英语美文] 来源: 浏览: 次 评论:

 Eleven years had passed.
十一年过去了。
I looked at her in awe and amazement while she sat down on her hospital bed.
她坐在医院的病床上,我用惊讶和赞叹的眼神看着她。
She is still that lively and cheerful woman I knew.
她还是我熟悉的那个充满活力,积极向上的女人。
Yet, she is already far from that new and clumsy nurse volunteer we both were when we applied in this hospital eleven years ago.
不过,她也早已不再是十一年前我们来这家医院时的样子了。那是,我们是两个初来乍到、笨手笨脚的护士。


"Do you still remember about our pulse oximeter story?" She asked me while we talked about how we had been as new nurse trainees in this hospital.
我们正谈论着我们在这家医院当实习护士时的种种情况,她突然问我:“你还记得血氧测定仪的故事吗?”
I looked at her with closed brows while my thoughts drifted back to our first days of duty more than a decade ago.
我扬眉看着她,思绪转回十多年前,我们刚刚开始当差的时候。
I saw ourselves as staff nurses'buddies in a chaotic hospital.
在这个忙碌的医院中,我们把自己当做正式护士的小跟班。
l scene, tagging along our senior staff in attending patients in their different types of morbidities.
我看到当时的我们跟在那些有经验的护士身后,跟着他们一起去照顾各种各样的病人。
I saw ourselves running to and fro, pulling emergency carts and suction machines in trembling knees.
我看到当时的我们跑来跑去,推着急救车和抽引器,双膝颤抖,气喘吁吁。
"Did you remember I was assigned to a dyspneic patient and was asked to get her oxygen saturation?"
“你还记得吗?他们指派我去照顾一个呼吸困难的病人,让我测量她的血氧饱和度?”
We both laughed while recalling the incident.
我们回忆着这件事,不禁都笑了。
She was assigned to a patient who was closely monitored and whose vital signs were going down below the acceptable line.
当时,她被指派去照顾一个重症病人,病人的生命体征已经低到了不可挽回的地步,需要密切监护。
When asked about the percentage of oxygen saturation, she gave the heart rate instead.
医生让她上报病人的血氧饱和度,她却报出了病人的心率。
The next thing we knew was that everyone was running to the assigned room of the patient.
很快我们就看到所有医生冲向那个病人的房间。


False alarm.
(当然,是)假警报。


I could still see her clearly in my mind as she was caught bewildered and guilty.
我还能在脑海中回忆起她当时的样子,作为肇事者,她满心内疚,不知所措。
However, the medical team were all kind.
然而,医院里所有的医护人员都很和善。
No harsh words nor blaming.
没有人说一句重话,没有人指责她。
Neither grumbling nor deriding.
也没有人喃喃不平,或者轻声嘲笑,
A touching scene that maintained the dignity of the erring one.
这一幕非常感人,犯错的人保存了自己的尊严。
Something to draw courage and inspiration to learn fast and be a better nurse each day.
我们每天能从这个故事中汲取勇气和斗志,让我们更快的学习技能,成为一个更好的护士。


"The hospital where I worked now is one of the world's best.." her tone became serious.
“我工作的这所医院是全世界最好的医院之一……”她的音调变得郑重其事。


"I feel secured here," she said.
“我在这里觉得有安全感。”她说。


We both got teary - eyed.
我们的眼中都泛出了泪光。

(翻译:小木)

英语巴士公众号

欢迎扫描二维码关注英语巴士公众号!

(编辑:bruce)

网友评论
尚未注册畅言帐号,请到后台注册
热门标签